This blog exists to facilitate communication between Taylor University Archives personnel, especially communications between Heather and others in the ensuing transition period.
Contact Dan for more information or if changes need to be made to the blog.
Internal communications about the TU Archives
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Heather,
Let's see if this thing works!
Two questions for you:
1.) I remember that you and I did a mold purge and copy of the CCC Archives in December, but did we do a water-damage purge at the same time?
2.) Laura and I recently ordered ink from Office Max and I copied the invoice and gave it to Shari who said she didn't take those anymore. Did I give it/mail it to the wrong person, or not? (There may have been a policy change)
In the meantime I'm storing the copy in the invoice file in case I need it later.
Miss you!
Becky
Heather,
In your white "Archives Introduction" binder, under the Accessions section, you mention a "records transfer" binder. I am unable to locate this. You say that it started January 2008, so I don't know if you meant to make one and didn't get around to it. So I have 2 questions:
1) Does this exist?
2) If yes, would you happen to know where it is?
Thanks, and I hope that you're enjoying Colorado!
Becky: We did not do a water-damage purge, although I think the majority of the water-damaged documents were also moldy, therefore most of the water-damaged documents were taken out. My guess is that any water-damaged documents that weren't moldy did not have severe water damage and so you don't have to worry about it.
But as the collection is processed, if you do come across any non-moldy water-damaged documents, you can evaluate the extent of the damage and replace them with acid-free photocopies at that point.
Laura: Aargh. All my best laid plans... To answer your question, I did indeed intend to create a "Records Transfer" binder and I ordered a 1 1/2" blue polypropylene binder for it, but I forgot that I intended to make it. So no, it does not exist, but there is an empty binder for it on the supply shelf (at least there should be...if not, you'll need to order one).
Sorry about that. It's one of those things I intended to do, but then had to order the binder, and when the binder finally came, I completely forgot my original intention to do it!
I've created forms which you can feel free to use, but you can certainly make up your own or tweak the ones I did. I'll email these to you along with the updated "Accession Explanation" document. In there, I mentioned that the accession numbers for the Records Transfer should be preceded by REC, e.g. REC2008-01. Again, this is just my opinion and you can feel free to create your your number standard.
Post a Comment